Earn while you learn. Instead of taking out thousands in college loans, apprentices work and earn a paycheck during their training. AGC’s apprenticeship programs range from 2-4 years. Apprenticeships usually get paid on a graduated scale as their skills and experience increases, and of course learns a trade at the same time. For more details check out our booklet on Apprenticeships! Contact AGC to get your own copy.
Objectives of the apprenticeships are;
- Develop skilled workers through related instruction and formal on-the-job training
- Train workers who will remain a part of the state’s construction workforce
- Provide opportunities for the training and upgrading of minorities, females, disadvantaged individuals and assist contractors in meeting their affirmative action plans
I’m ready to Earn While I Learn! How do I get started?
Pick your Career:
Meet the following basic qualifications:
- Age – Shall be at least 18 years of age.
- Physical – Shall be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the occupation without endangering the health and safety of themselves and/or fellow workers.
- Aptitudes – Shall possess the aptitudes essential for acquiring the skills and proficiency of the trade.
- Education – Shall possess sufficient educational knowledge to satisfactorily complete the on the job training and related technical instruction. Applicants selected for an apprenticeship that does not possess a high school diploma or a GED shall be required to complete high school or obtain a GED prior to completion of the apprenticeship.
Be employed by a contractor of AGC of South Dakota:
- To join one of the AGC specific Apprenticeships you must be employed by a member of AGC of SD
- If you are currently employed and not sure if your employer is a member of AGC just ask
- If you are looking for work and interested in these Apprenticeships just call AGC of SD and we can connect you to members that participate in this program
- If you are employed by an AGC member that is not involved with our Apprenticeship program and may have questions have them contact AGC of SD for more info on our Apprenticeships
OK, I’m ready to get started! Now What?
Call or Email AGC today!