I'm excited to give back to the people of South Dakota.
Thank you for the scholarship money as I pursue my degree in Heavy Equipment Operator. I am excited to learn a skill and give back to the people of South Dakota by building, roads, bridges and helping in their safe travel. I plan upon graduation to seek employment in South Dakota. The money will help with the tuition costs as I earn my degree. I appreciate the opportunity.
I am Honored to Receive this Scholarship
This will give me the chance to concentrate on school without wondering how I will pay for it. This also made my decision to stay is South Dakota after graduation much easier. Thank you so much for this opportunity.
Your Continued Support Means a Lot
Thank you so much for the scholarship! This scholarship will help me tremendously in pursuing my degree in civil engineering. The continued support of AGC in my education means a lot to me and I'm very grateful for all the support over the years. Thank you again!
This Motivates Me to Be My Best
As a 35-year-old disabled combat veteran, husband, and father of three amazing children, the decision to go back to school was not easy. Being able to tell my friends and family that I received a scholarship further motivates me to keep doing my absolute best.
This Allows Me to Make a Better Impact on My Community
I would like to extend a thank you to the AGC of South Dakota Scholarship Committee for my generous award. The gracious support given to me by this organization will help provide me with the tools I need to expand my understanding of the industry and make a better impact on my community!
The AGC of SD is deeply committed to a highly educated and trained workforce! Because of this we’re proud to pledge nearly $60,000 this year for students pursuing an education in a career field directly related to the construction industry. Applicants must achieve an above average academic achievement and be committed to working in South Dakota following graduation.
BUILDING CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications can be found at the colleges noted below. Please check with individual schools to determine application deadlines.
The Building Chapter works with the following technical colleges and universities to administer $12,000 in scholarships annually. Each school awards two $1,000 scholarships for students enrolled in construction related degrees or diplomas.
- Lake Area Tech Dallas I. Hanson Memorial Scholarship
- Mitchell Tech
- Southeast Tech
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- South Dakota State University
- Western Dakota Tech Ken Gifford Memorial Scholarship
HIGHWAY-HEAVY-UTILITIES CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS
Build Dakota Stretch the Million at Lake Area Technical College Application Deadline: March 31, 2023
All Other HHU Scholarships Application Opens: January 1, 2023
The Highway-Heavy-Utilities Chapter works with a Scholarship Committee to select and award the following scholarships for students enrolled in construction related degrees or diplomas. An AGC of SD HHU Member sponsorship is required, email here if you need assistance in finding one.
- $5,000 Sioux Falls Contractors Association Scholarship: Split into multiple scholarships awarded to various students enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
- $2,500 BX “Excellence” Women in Construction Scholarship: Awarded to a female student enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
- $2,500 John Shoemaker Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to a high school graduate enrolled at a college/university or a technical college pursuing a career in the construction industry.
- $2,000 AGC Associate Division Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a college/university
- $1,000 AGC Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
- $1,000 Floyd Knight Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a technical institute.
- $3,000 SDLICA Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
CONGRATULATIONS 2022-2023 HHU SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS
The following students were selected for the following industry-sponsored and/or Memorial Scholarships:
AGC of AMERICA SCHOLARSHIPS
The AGC Education and Research Foundation offers undergraduate and graduate level scholarships to students enrolled in ABET or ACCE-accredited construction management or construction related engineering programs. Over $10 million in scholarships have been awarded to more than 4,000 students attending colleges and universities across the country. The criteria to apply for undergraduate and graduate scholarships outlines the eligibility to apply.AGC of AMERICA SCHOLARSHIPS