Tuition has always been a major concern for me.
Your gift of a scholarship is incredibly encouraging to me, as it allows me to focus more on my studies and less on my financial worries. I will continue working and learning as much as I can for the benefit of the public. Thank you!
You Make it Possible to Attend College
Thank you so much for selecting me to be a recipient of a scholarship for the 2020-2021 school year! Your generosity makes it possible for people like me to attend college. I’m looking forward to another great year at SDSM&T and the future!
Setting Up for a Successful Future
Your support helps many students like me afford to attend college and gain the skills and knowledge necessary to succeed in engineering, construction, and related fields. With the support of the AGC of South Dakota Highway Heavy Utilities Chapter Education Foundation, I have already been able to set myself up for a successful future.
I Can Focus on Being My Best
The scholarship will help me with books and tuition at South Dakota State University. Without this scholarship, I would not be able to focus on academics and athletics as well to be the best I can be.
I Am Honored and Humbled
Thank you SO much for selecting me as a recipient of the John Shoemaker Memorial Scholarship, BX Civil & Construction Women in Construction Excellence Scholarship and Sioux Falls Contracting Association Scholarship. I am honored and humbled to receive the scholarships. The money will be put towards my tuition this upcoming year at South Dakota State University.
The AGC of SD is deeply committed to a highly educated and trained workforce! Because of this we’re proud to pledge $40,000 annually for students pursuing an education in a career field directly related to the construction industry. Applicants must achieve an above average academic achievement and be committed to working in South Dakota following graduation.
BUILDING CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications can be found at the colleges noted below. Please check with individual schools to determine application deadlines.
The Building Chapter works with the following technical colleges and universities to administer $12,000 in scholarships annually. Each school awards two $1,000 scholarships for students enrolled in construction related degrees or diplomas.
- Lake Area Tech Dallas I. Hanson Memorial Scholarship
- Mitchell Tech
- Southeast Tech
- South Dakota School of Mines and Technology
- South Dakota State University
- Western Dakota Tech Ken Gifford Memorial Scholarship
HIGHWAY-HEAVY-UTILITIES CHAPTER SCHOLARSHIPS
Build Dakota Stretch the Million at Lake Area Technical College Application Deadline: March 31, 2022
All Other HHU Scholarships Application Deadline: May 2, 2022
The Highway-Heavy-Utilities Chapter works with a Scholarship Committee to select and award the following scholarships for students enrolled in construction related degrees or diplomas. An AGC of SD HHU Member sponsorship is required, email here if you need assistance in finding one.
- $5,000 Sioux Falls Contractors Association Scholarship: Split into multiple scholarships awarded to various students enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
- $2,500 BX “Excellence” Women in Construction Scholarship: Awarded to a female student enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
- $2,500 John Shoemaker Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to a high school graduate enrolled at a college/university or a technical college pursuing a career in the construction industry.
- $2,000 AGC Associate Division Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a college/university
- $1,000 AGC Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
- $1,000 Floyd Knight Memorial Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a technical institute.
- $3,000 SDLICA Scholarship: Awarded to a student(s) enrolled at a college/university or a technical college
CONGRATULATIONS 2021-2022 HHU SCHOLARSHIP RECIPIENTS!
- Hayden Bahmuller, STC (Alexandria) $2,500
- Zach Case (Watertown) $1,550
- Ryan Gregg (Sisseton) $1,050
- Garrett Gross (Aberdeen) $1,050
- Matt Gusso, USD (Brandon) $500
- Mitchell Gusso, SDSU (Brandon) $500
- Eric Gustafson, Dordt University (Ethan) $1,000
- Kayci Hawkins, SDSU (Groton) $1,500
- Brandon Hilt. SDSU (Rapid City) $1,500
- Aaron Hoelscher, SDSMT (Pierre) $750
- Isaac Johnson, SDSU (Milbank) $1,000
- Jackson Knight, SDSU (Webster) $2,500
- Joseph Noeldner (Watertown) $5,500
- Riley Olsen, SDSMT (Rapid City) $1,000
- Zachary Ridl, UNL (Sioux Falls) $750
- Cade Shoemaker, NDSCS (Webster) $2,500
- Esther Susa, SDSU (Brookings) $1,750
- Rhett Tinklenberg, SDSU (Harrisburg) $1,500
- Ashwani Verma, SDSU (Brookings) $500
- Michael Weber, LATC (Custer) $750
AGC of AMERICA SCHOLARSHIPS
The AGC Education and Research Foundation offers undergraduate and graduate level scholarships to students enrolled in ABET or ACCE-accredited construction management or construction related engineering programs. Over $10 million in scholarships have been awarded to more than 4,000 students attending colleges and universities across the country. The criteria to apply for undergraduate and graduate scholarships outlines the eligibility to apply.AGC of AMERICA SCHOLARSHIPS